Did you know your skin is the largest organ in the body? Skin has an important job of protecting the body from infections and germs, so it is important to take care of it. The best way to take care of your 'facial skin' is to make cleaning a part of your daily routine!
A GREAT skin care regime starts with "Cleansing & Exfoliating". Here’s some good tips to begin using:
1. With warm water, apply cleanser (appropriate for your skin type) to your face in a circular motion. Keep massaging for 30-60 sec. Avoid using hand/body soap for your face. Facial skin is more sensitive and harsher soaps can cause it to get dry and irritated.
2. Exfoliating is the process of gently scrubbing your skin to remove dirt and dead skin cells. Exfoliating 2-3 times/week will keep your pores from getting clogged and help your skin look fresh and bright. Use a facial scrub or a washcloth and focus on areas that tend to be dry or oily.
3. Use warm water to rinse your face and pat it dry with a towel.
• Always begin with clean hands.
• Make sure your face is clean before you put on makeup or get into bed--your skin rejuvenates naturally when you sleep. While you sleep, your skin produces oil which gets trapped in the pores by the layers of makeup you left on your skin, making them clogged and likely to break out. By not cleansing your skin at night and allowing it to breathe while you rest, you’re adding years to the look of your face in the long run. Cleanse every night and you’ll thank yourself in years to come.
• Warm water helps lift the dirt out of your skin, but hot water can be too drying.
• Cream cleansers are more hydrating, but if you wear a lot of makeup, you might want to use a gel cleanser and/or a makeup remover.